Residents of Elkhart County–We Face a Crisis.
COVID-19 positivity rates, hospitalizations and deaths are some of the highest in the state and they’re all rising.
Hospitals are reaching capacity and we are at risk for not having enough beds or staff to care for our community - not just coronavirus patients, but cancer, heart, ER patients or anyone with medical needs. Manufacturers are being impacted with employees being quarantined and sick and our local small businesses need to stay open to remain in business.
Do Your Part
- DO regularly connect with elders via phone, mail, or video calls.
- DO check requirements with your eldercare facility before scheduling an in-person visit.
- DO socialize, worship, and support each other using phone or digital options.
- DO keep six feet between you and anyone who does not live with you.
- AVOID crowds and crowded areas.
- DO frequently wash your hands for 20 seconds. b. DO cover your coughs and sneezes.
- DO sanitize surfaces and devices.
- AVOID touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth.
- DO wear a mask or face-covering in public.
- DO stay home if you are even mildly sick. b. DO get tested even with mild COVID-19 symptoms.
- DO show support for front-line workers.
- DO care for yourself.
The following is helpful information to allow to do your part to stop the spread
Get the mailer
Download a copy of the mailer sent to Elkhart County residents here.