Be Ready for the Unexpected
The role of Elkhart County's Emergency Preparedness divisions covers a broad range of services. The following are the goals and mission of this division of the Health Department:
- Offers public health preparedness and safety awareness educational programs.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating the public health emergency response network.
- Establishes partnerships with local stakeholders and organizations to develop, evaluate, and modify community response and recovery plans.
- Coordinates training, exercise, and evaluation of preparedness plans.
- Facilitates meetings of the Elkhart County Medical Emergency Planning Committee and the Medical Reserve Corps.